Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1/17

Low carb day and hit cardio in the morning. Added in a bit of calf work though, since I feel like I can definitely bring them up and felt good to get some blood in them. The added work was far enough from when I last trained calves, so figured adding this in from time to time could be good. Total time at the gym was around 40 minutes, so was in and out, and felt pretty good. Energy levels were lower today, but still not bad. Weight was 171 after cardio, but my skin folds are still dropping. Guessing it was either excess water or glycogen in my system; I'm using Tropinol and DAA again but I doubt that I somehow managed to gain lean mass (I honestly feel like it could be though, since some areas, especially in my legs, seem fuller than normal). Still have 1 meal left to hit today and didn't quite hit my carb numbers, hit 165 of the 185 but bumped the protein up from 230 to 240 to compensate. First time in forever that I wasn't spot on, but dropping a bit below normal for carbs this once might do some good. Normal day tomorrow so carbs will be back in (unless you have something to say in the lines of changes, Joe haha) and hitting delts and biceps.

--Side note, got a pair of Vibrams Five fingers (the glove-looking type shoes) to train in, so should be interesting since I know a lot of people rave about them for training. Plus, some of the articles I've read on them show they can actually help strength and growth in the lower, as well as upper, parts of the leg. Should be interesting.

1/17
Cardio: 30 minutes
Calf press on leg press: 3 warms, 568 x 14, x 13, 618 x 13 (Drop set, 458 x 5 toes in, 5 toes forward, 5 toes out; 388 x 5 in, 5 forward, 5 out, 388 x 12)

No comments: