Sunday, August 7, 2011

8/5 - 8/6

Been busy but moving ahead in my personal trainer certification. Progress has been good training wise, and moving on to the last wave of the final routine. Taking the weekend off since I've been feeling good, but a little sluggish. Doing cardio to keep everything in place and making sure the diet is good. Had 2 cheat meals this weekend and feel better now. But now to catch up on my workouts:

8/5
Back and Hams
Great session that saw progress and a little variation on a few movements. Focused on the negatives here on a few movements, so the weights were slightly lower but got a great pump and used great form. Back was fried at the end but strength was good through the workout. Overall a great session and pleased with everything. Body weight was at 185.
Lat pulldown wide: 3 warms, 240 x 8, x 7 x 7 (drop set, 2 drops to failure)
T-bar: 2 warms, 270 x 7, 280 x 7, 300 x 5
Db deads: 2 warms, 105's x 10, x 10 (3 second negatives)
Close row (high) : 160 x 12, x 11, x 11 (3 second negatives)
Good morning: 185 x 11, x 11, x 10 (4 second negative)
Glute ham raise: 3 sets to failure
10 mins cardio

8/6
Delts and Biceps
Solid note to end this routine as I saw progress on most movements and have definitely noticed better fullness in my shoulders and arms from this routine. Overall everything felt good and I liked how I felt on this routine. Laterals have really added width to my frame and really focused on the negative on the cable upright rows this time, which gave me a sick pump. Also worked on the peak contraction on the incline curls. Great session, and ended with some ab work. Weekend will be off as I feel like my body could use more than a day of rest. Starting the new routine off on Monday with legs.
Laterals: 2 warms, 55's x 10, x 10, x 8 (drop set, 2 drop to failure)
High incline Db press: 2 warms, 90's x 10, x 9
Cable upright row: 1 warm, 67.5 x 10, x 9, x 9, x 8 (3 sec negative)
Incl. Db curl: 2 warms, 50's x 5, 45's x 6 x 5
Cable curl: 1 warm, 57.5 x 10, 62.5 x 9, x 9 (3 sec negative)
1 arm preacher machine: 50 x 11, x 10
Ab work: 4 sets

No comments: