Monday, July 11, 2011

7/9

Quads and Calves
Took today lighter, bit of a deload and used the occlusion principle. I still look full and tight but at the same time was feeling a bit run down, so I figured the break from the heavy weights would help a bit, and the occlusion would still allow me to make progress. Not going to list the weights since it was a deload but will list the reps. Weights were at about 65 to 70% of my relative maxes on the movements. Reps were higher and more controlled due to occlusion. Pump was ridiculous and really got a great workout in. Intensity was high and moved through things quickly. Chest and Tri's will be a normal workout, still haven't decided if I'm going to deload on the rest of the routine. Might just deload on deads for back day and bar press for shoulders (core lifts) to prevent myself from being set back.

Leg extensions: 2 warms, x 20, x 18
Front squats: 2 warms, x16, x 14, x 14, x 12 (drop set, x 10)
Sumo squat: 1 warm, x 20, x 18, x 14
Split squat: x 18, x 17, x 13
Seated calf: x 20, x 20, x 18, x 18, x 18
10 mins cardio

No comments: