Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5/9

Chest and Tri's
-Awesome workout and really liking the gains I'm making as I progress through this routine. Did this in place of quads and calves since I had a soccer game in the evening. Moved at a fast tempo throughout the workout and strength was solid all the way through. Incline DB presses are where I'm noticing the most improvement. The chest dips and rack pushups really give me a great pump and fry the muscle at the end, really like the inclusion of these 2 movements. Finished up with some ab work. Weight is holding steady.

Incline DB press: 3 warms, 95's x 8, 95's x 7, 95's x 6
Flat bar press: 2 warms, 205 x 9, 225 x 7 (drop set, 2 drops)
Chest dips: 4 sets to failure
Rack pushups: 2 sets to failure
Tricep pressdown: 2 warms, 85 x 10, 95 x 8, 95 x 7 (drop set, 3 drops)
One arm DB extension: 1 warm, 30's x 10, 30's x 9 (drop set, 1 drop)
1 arm underhand pressdown: 22.5 x 9, 17.5 x 12 (drop set, 1 drop)
Ab work: 5 sets

-Soccer game went well, no injuries or anything. Played goalkeeper, tied 1-1, didn't let up a goal after I was subbed in. Game only lasted about 40 minutes. Legs feel good today, so I'll be hitting quads and calves today.

No comments: